Skillet Stout Brownies
These stout brownies are so rich and fudgy. I also love that you only need one bowl and a skillet to make this quick dessert, so it's perfect for weeknight cleanup. — Mandy Naglich, New York, New York
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup milk stout beer
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place chocolate in a large bowl. In a 10-in. cast-iron skillet or other ovenproof skillet, combine butter and stout. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool slightly. In another large bowl, beat egg, egg yolks and sugars until blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. In another bowl, mix flour, baking cocoa and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, mixing well.
- Spread into skillet. Bake until set, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in skillet on a wire rack. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 363 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 30, 2019
The milk stout you can google. It adds the rise and increases chocolate flavor.
Oct 29, 2019
Recipe calls for 1 cup milk stout beer?????? Please review what you write before posting.