Cocoa Cake Brownies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 109 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 28, 2016
My husband asked me to make cakey brownies for his birthday. After much searching, found this recipe. Only made two changes - increase the cocoa to 2/3 cup and added 1 1/2 cups of mini chocolate chips. After all, if some chocolate is good then a lot more is even better!
Feb 4, 2016
Love these cake like brownies so much! They are perfect as is or with frosting or whipped cream.
Sep 20, 2015
Aug 30, 2009
I thought these brownies were very dry as well. If not for the ice cream and fugde sauce we put on them, i would have ditched them in the trash.
Jun 8, 2009
These were really dry, we were quite disappointed in them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.