- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and pepper in butter until tender. Stir in tomatoes and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cooked rice; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSimple Spanish Rice
"We love this rice!"
"Very flavorful dish. I could just make a meal off of this. Makes a good bit also."
"This was great. I didn't have any brown rice, so used wild rice. My guests loved it!"