- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- Dash blackened seasoning
- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- In a small bowl, combine the shrimp, garlic and blackened seasoning; set aside. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, ketchup, soy sauce, sherry, honey, ginger and pepper flakes until blended; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 1 tablespoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry celery and carrot in remaining oil for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, broccoli and cashews; stir-fry 4-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain linguine; stir into skillet. Add shrimp and pineapple; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forShrimp Lo Mein
"I thought it would be weird to put so much ketchup in the recipe, but tried it anyway and it turned out pretty good. I added more cashews than the recipe called for, just because the hubby likes them. I used fresh pineapple chunks instead of canned and it ended up not tasting right. It was way too tangy for the rest of the recipe. Next time I will try the canned pineapple or omit it altogether."
"Amazing! I used chicken instead of shrimp and it was delicious! I will make it again."
"This recipe turned out great! I had udon noodles on hand, so I used those. The sauce had a great, tangy flavor."
"Very good, I didn't have the nuts but it turns out great!! It tasted like it was made from an Asian restaurant! :)"
"I didn't use pineapple or cashews, next time will add more veggies and make a little bit more sauce...very delicious!"