Scalloped Mocha Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Coarse sugar or edible glitter
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, coffee granules, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/4-in. scalloped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with coarse sugar or edible glitter.
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks.
Editor's NoteEdible glitter is available from Wilton Industries. Call 800-794-5866 or visit wilton.com.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 50 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 1, 2019
Flavor was fine, however these did not retain their scalloped shape after baking, and i only got about 3 dozen cookies after rolling the dough 1/4 inch thick and using the 2 1/4 inch cutter specified in the recipe.
Nov 12, 2012
What a good mocha flavour these cookies have... and slightly crispy but not crunchy! I usually stick to drop cookies and am not too brave trying different flavours but these were so good I've changed my mind :) The dough was easy to roll out too, after chilling.