Mocha Crackle Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, heat the butter, chocolate and coffee until chocolate is melted; cool slightly. In a bowl, beat the eggs and salt; add sugar and brown sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture; mix well.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to egg mixture to form a soft dough. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 3/4-in. balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 134 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 20, 2017
Very good. Nice chocolate flavor and moist inside. Only baked 8 min but they came out perfect. A keeper!!
Feb 14, 2015
This is a great recipe! Have had these cookies at holiday parties and was looking to make my own so tried this recipe. Here's a hint : Hubby bought me a pro-type baking sheet and I used this to bake these. In the process I thought I would speed things up by using my department store cookie sheet too. I noticed a big difference in the way they came out. I never thought it made a difference - but it does. For those that had trouble with dryness - invest in a good cookie sheet. These were wonderful - thanks for the recipe!
Oct 27, 2014
These are fantastic! I reduce the cook time to 10 minutes so they are moist and delicious. My friends call them my yummy brownie cookies.
Jan 26, 2014
This recipe was good overall, only one complaint.. I mean it's good, but it didnt scream DELICIOUS! But making again :)
May 7, 2013
everyone always request these. they taste like little brownie bites. so delicous!
Jan 2, 2013
This quickly became our favorite cookie. The texture was a little different than expected but we loved it! Will definitely make these again. And again.
Dec 9, 2012
Plan to make one batch this week ~~ going to try subbing cocoa powder rather than chopped chocolate. Figured there's enough sugars between white and brown, so as not to make them bitter. One batch first to see, then if okay, will make more.
Dec 9, 2011
I love the flavor of these cookies, but they seem to be dry, I have tried reducing the cooking time, are these suppose to be dry. Any suggestions as to how to make them a moister cookie
Nov 21, 2011
I thought these were delicious and so easy to make.. Pretty too
Mar 9, 2011
I made these cookies and even though they were very soft and chocolaty, I didn't taste the coffee flavor at all which was a big disappointment. I even added more coffee granules than called for. If anyone knows how to make them taste more coffee flavored I would love to hear advice!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.