Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, beat sugar, oil, chocolate and vanilla until blended. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. With sugared hands, shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 60 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Apr 23, 2019
These were good. I got 17 cookies. I ended up leaving the dough in the fridge for about 10 hours before forming them into balls and sugared hands were very important. I also flattened them a bit on the pan before baking. I will make these again.
Mar 6, 2019
I'm submitting a second review on these. They are delicious. I added about 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips for more chocolate goodness. This time I covered my palms with powdered sugar then rolled the cookies in powdered sugar. Much easier.
Jan 15, 2019
Nov 27, 2018
Nov 15, 2015
Very good cookie. I like that this had a small yield for my Christmas cookie tray. That way I won't have too many. I only got about 16 cookies but the balls I rolled out where about 1.25 in rather than 1 in.
Aug 1, 2015
Did not turn out right even though I followed recipe to a tee. Dough was runny and we couldn't form it into balls.... also didn't look like it would make 18 cookies. Looked like much less.
Dec 20, 2014
Great cookie, but this does not yield 18 cookies. I got 27 cookies when doubling the recipe.
Dec 4, 2014
Question: Is the amount of flour correct? Thanks!
Feb 28, 2014
This was my first time that I tried crackle cookies. They looked very nice and were tasty. When I make these again I will try different variations to these cookies possibly cinnamon. We enjoyed these with vanilla ice cream!
Nov 13, 2013