Savory Cauliflower Pie
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups seasoned croutons, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- In a bowl, combine croutons and 1/4 cup butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the cauliflower, onion, carrots, garlic, salt and oregano in remaining butter over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese into prepared crust. Top with cauliflower mixture and remaining cheese.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Pour over pie. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and the cauliflower is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 263 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 21, 2015
One of our new all-time favorite meals. Easy, inexpensive, and amazing!
Apr 12, 2012
Tis was incredibly good. The "Pie Crust" added a lot, but next time I make it rather than have a crust, I'm going to crumble the crust on top.
Jan 19, 2010
This one is delicious! I used a regular pie crust, substituted Italian seasoning for the oregano and used plain yogurt in place of the milk...this made it extra fluffy! I will be making this again. Yummy!