Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place cauliflower in a microwave-safe dish. Add water. Cover and microwave on high for 9-11 minutes or until tender. Combine mayonnaise, prepared mustard and ground mustard; spread over cauliflower. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds or until the cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 145 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 9, 2016
Super delicious, easy, and no heating up the kitchen. A winner! (I used 1 T Dijon mustard and left out the dried)
Jan 22, 2016
Interesting flavour. My family loved this, I thought it was just okay. I didn't use microwave, just steamed cauliflower, added sauce and put in oven to melt cheese. I used Dijon mustard. Sometimes hard to get my son to eat vegies, so this is great that he really liked this dish!
Sep 20, 2010
I just made this for the first time tonight. Delicious and so easy! I love that it is cooked in the microwave. My new, favorite way to prepare cauliflower!
Aug 2, 2010
My new favorite way to eat cauliflower. I've even tried it without the ground mustard and just used dijon mustard and it turned out yummy.
Jun 24, 2010
I've made this for ten years or so and it is so OVER THE TOP GOOD ! Just for color, I sprinkle a few chives on the top before serving. I leave my whole and slice it in pie-shaped wedges.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.