- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup red wine vinaigrette, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- Cut potatoes lengthwise in half. Trim and cut green beans and asparagus into 2-in. pieces. Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender, adding green beans and asparagus during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Meanwhile, brush salmon with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place fish on oiled grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine potato mixture, arugula, tomatoes and chives. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSalmon and Spud Salad
"Loved the combination of salmon and asparagus..very good flavors! The dish was easy to make and very attractive when served!"
"I only made 1/2 of the recipe for 2 of us. Since I'm not fond of Asparagus, I used all green beans, kept the tomatoes whole, did everything on the grill and basted w/ the vinaigrette . Yum!! P.S. Make sure the salmon is wild caught!!!"