Salmon Salad-Stuffed Endive Leaves
Salmon creates an elegant appetizer in this vibrant recipe from Melissa Carafa of Broomall, Pennsylvania. It’s simple to prepare and can even be made ahead of time.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 salmon fillet (6 ounces), cooked and flaked
- 1/4 cup tartar sauce
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 head Belgian endive (about 5 ounces), separated into leaves
- Additional snipped fresh dill, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the salmon, tartar sauce, capers, dill and lemon-pepper. Spoon about 2 teaspoonfuls onto each endive leaf. Garnish with additional dill if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 42 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Jan 9, 2010
THIS IS SO EASY TO MAKE AND TASTES DELICIOUS. I USED CANNED SALMON AN SINCE I COULD'T FIND BELGIAN ENDIVE I HAD TO SUB RADICCIO. THIS WORKED PUT PRETTY GOOD. I DEFINATELY MAKE IT AGAIN MANY TIMES