- 2 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/2 cup cubed hard salami
- 1/2 cup whole ripe olives, quartered
- 2 ounces provolone cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the green pepper, tomatoes, pepperoni, salami, olives, cheese and onion.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forSalami Pasta Salad
"Delish!! This is my new go to pasta recipe, thank you for sharing."
"Four stars because I changed green pepper to red pepper, and left out black olives because I really, really don't like them. The salad was a very nice change. No Italian dressing, you make it yourself which I really liked. Makes a lot, but holds up well leftover."
"This is the second time I am making this salad in as many weeks. It is great, easy to make and everybody loves it. The only slight changes I make are to the dressing. I reduce the salt to half a teaspoon (plenty of salt in the pepperoni and salami) and I also reduce the sugar to one tablespoon. I'm sure you could add different types of peppers or cheese to suit the individual taste. This is a must have recipe!"
"This was really easy to make and it had a different taste than the generic "Italian pasta salad". I think the sugar and red wine vinegar really went well together. The result was a very light taste, not overwhelming whatsoever. Perfect for a salad. I made some minor changes: used mini wheels pasta (same amount stated), summer sausage instead of salami, and swiss cheese instead of provolone. Turned out great!"
"This is my favorite pasta salad. I have made it for my family almost every week during the summer, as well as for picnics and parties and always get lots of compliments. I use the 6 oz package of prepared diced pepperoni, a purple onion instead of white/yellow, a whole red pepper (instead of 3/4 cup green), colby cheese with jalapeno for a little extra zip (instead of milder provolone), and genoa salami. Personal preference, I do not add the olives or tomatoes. I usually double the recipe, which also means doubling the dressing. I'm sure you could add almost anything else to this salad....carrots (diced or shredded), celery, etc....and not go wrong."
"This is SO good. I make it at least once per summer. It' a big hit at the lake and on picnics."