Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 4 large eggs
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 pretzel hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/3 cup sauerkraut, rinsed, drained well and chopped
- 1/4 pound sliced deli corned beef
- Prepared Thousand Island salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 350°. Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan; sprinkle with coarsely ground pepper. Reduce heat to low. Cook to desired doneness, turning after whites are set, about 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt; keep warm.
- While eggs are cooking, hollow out split pretzel buns. Toast buns on a baking sheet or oven rack, 3-4 minutes. Top with cheese; return to oven until cheese is melted.
- To assemble, layer a fourth of the sauerkraut, a fourth of the corned beef and one egg on each bun half. Drizzle with salad dressing.
1 open-faced sandwich: 317 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 222mg cholesterol, 784mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.Originally published as Reuben Eggs Benedict in Taste of Home Feb/Mar 2018Read Next
Jan 26, 2018
We really enjoyed these. The pretzel buns add to the flavor. Easy to prepare. Thank you!
Reviews for Reuben Eggs Benedict
More from Taste of Home