Red, White ‘n’ Blue Torte
Guests will see fireworks when you turn a frozen pound cake into a patriotic pleaser. Assemble this tempting torte early in the day and keep it in the refrigerator until it's time for dessert. —Margery Bryan, Moses Lake, Washington
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/2 cup blueberry pie filling
- 1/2 cup strawberry or raspberry pie filling
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a serving platter; spread with blueberry filling. Top with middle cake layer; spread with strawberry filling. replace top of cake.
- Frost top and sides with whipped topping. Refrigerate for several hours before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 222 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Red, White 'n' Blue Torte in Quick Cooking July/August 2002
May 23, 2018
This is easy to make and I'm going to try it I like easy ways
Jul 5, 2013
Quick, easy, a big hit
Jun 1, 2009
to saave on cholesterol, I would like to try an angel food loaf cake.