Old-Fashioned Rhubarb Torte
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- Whipped cream
- In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, confectioners' sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat into a 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs, sugar, baking powder and remaining flour. Fold in rhubarb and spread over crust. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool. Serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 349 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 29, 2014
This is very close to my mom's recipe. It's my favorite thing to do with rhubarb.
Apr 17, 2012
Great recipe. I would probably double the crust, only because I like a thicker crust.
May 12, 2010
Delicious! I added 1/2 tsp. cinnamon to the egg mixture. Try it... the added flavor is wonderful. I also served it with ice cream.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.