Blueberry Torte Squares
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, cream butter and 2 tablespoons sugar. Gradually add flour and mix well. Press onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread mixture over crust. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in blueberries and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- Spoon topping over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 178 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 19, 2019
Excellent dessert. I love the shortcake like crust. It's the best of all my favorite desserts combined.
Nov 21, 2017
Can these be made a day ahead of time, or is it better to make them the day of?
Jun 23, 2016
add 1 tsp vanilla to the blueberries!
Jun 8, 2016
Sep 27, 2011
How much cream did you whip? I don't like to use those "edible oil products".
Sep 27, 2011
Neufchatel is typically labeled "Light Cream Cheese" & found in the dairy section right next to the regular cream cheese.
Sep 26, 2011
Sounds delicious. I've never seen neufchatel cheese where I live (don't even know what it is!). What can I use as a substitute?
Mar 20, 2011
I halved this recipe thinking I didn't need much for the potluck I was taking it to, but afterwards it was comletely gone. I whipped sweetened heavy cream instead of using cool whip and it was delicious!
Jul 29, 2010
I've made this recipe numerous times, and every time I make it everyone just loves it and can't get enough! It's also very refreshing. When I make it I use reduced fat in the cream cheese and the cool whip.Thank-you for sharing this one!Meta
Jun 27, 2010
EXCELLANT AND EASY TOO!!!