Ranch Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties; brush with oil.
- Grill on a greased indoor grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and salad dressing. Serve burgers on buns with sauce.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
May 30, 2012
These burgers are very flavorful and a nice change of pace. I'm not a fan of jalapeño peppers, so I left them out. They tasted great!
Dec 29, 2011
Great Recipe! Easy and yummy!
Apr 27, 2011
These were great! However, next time I think I will cut the amount of chili powder to only 1 1/2 tsp instead of 4. It just seemed to be too much at times. Great burgers though!
Oct 10, 2010
This was very tasty. I made a couple of changes - finely shredded the cheddar, and mixed 2 tbsp of the oil in with the meat mixture.
Jun 24, 2010
These were very moist and delicious. Topped with lettuce and tomato and served with roasted sweet potato wedges (with extra sour cream/ranch dressing sauce as a dip!). Yum. As another reviewer mentioned, it would be nice to have the nutritional info. I almost didn't try these because of that.
Jan 19, 2010
This turkey burger was the best one I have ever had. Not bland and boring like others. It was great even without the sour cream and dressing, which I didn't even add. This is a definite keeper!
Oct 29, 2008
We liked these, but I would like to know the nutritional values, per burger.
Oct 25, 2008
I will try this. Most turkey burgers are so blah, this sounds very good