- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DRESSING:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DIP:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: about 6 tablespoons mix (enough to make 6 batches).
- To prepare dressing: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon mix with mayonnaise and buttermilk; refrigerate. Yield: 2 cups.
- To prepare dip: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon mix and sour cream; refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 1 cup. Yield: 2 cups dressing or 1 cup dip.
Reviews forRanch Dressing and Dip Mix
"This is the kind of recipe that you keep on hand, because you never know when friends will stop by. Ranch is my favorite when watching tv or a movie."
"This is really tasty. Fun to make a homemade version!"
"I will never have to buy premade dressing again. This is a perfect Ranch.I read the previews and decided to omit the Paprika. YUM"
"I made this as gifts for friends and I have received several comments on how delicious it is. I really liked, but it does not taste exactly like the original ranch dressing. I think it is because of the paprika so you could use less of the paprika to achieve the flavor of your choice. Fun gift and quick and easy to do. Volunteer Field Editor"
"I add the herbs to organic heavy whipping cream to substitute for Buttermilk Ranch Dressing so it's kosher. Very tasty & easy."
"Doesn't taste like ranch, but it's pretty good anyway."
"Made this for the Dip. Having the mix on hand is handy. This as a very nice flavour as previous poster says. Had many compliments on the taste. I plan on always having this mix on hand."
"This recipe has a more southwestern flavor to it than a traditional ranch, but the dressing had the tang and zest you would expect from a good ranch sauce."