- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat sugar, eggs, oil and extracts. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in pumpkin seeds and cranberries (dough will be sticky).
- Divide dough in half; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. With lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 12x2-in. rectangle. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove to wire racks; cool 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 5 minutes or until firm. Turn and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forPumpkin Seed Cranberry Biscotti
"Super good! tasteful! I've it with orange sweetened cranberries and coconut oil it is a real upgrade! I followed as mentioned in recipes, and it's perfectly fine!"
"If I make these again , I would do as some of the other i reviewer's suggested and add more flour or possibly a little less oil. My dough spread during the first baking and made it difficult to remove from the pan and many of them crumbled as I I cut them apart. They still tasted very good though, so I may try again."
"The batter was very wet. I added lots of flour to counter top and top of mixture so that I could shape the cookie batter. Used a large spatula to move it to cookie sheet. In the end the biscotti baked great, was easy to slice for second baking and tasted great. Not too dry like other biscottii I have made. I also liked the almond extract flavor added"
"Good cookies, but I had to add additional flour to get the dough to keep the loaf shape."
"These are so yummy!"
"I didn't have pumpkin seeds so I added toasted pecans! Everyone at the office raved about them. Quite easy, too!"
"I have the recipe, but I can't find Pumpkin seeds."
"Great recipe. Loved them."
"Any suggestions on how long these can be kept in freezer? Thanks, Liz in CA"
""Loved by everyone""