- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Select saute setting, and adjust for high heat in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Add half of ground beef, salt and pepper. Cook and stir, crumbling meat, until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Remove meat; drain any liquid from pressure cooker. Repeat with remaining ground beef, salt and pepper.
- Add butter, mushrooms and onions to pressure cooker; saute until onions are tender and mushrooms have released their liquid and are beginning to brown, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Return meat to cooker.
- Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select saute setting, and adjust for normal heat. In a small bowl, whisk together consomme, flour and tomato paste. Pour over meat mixture; stir to combine. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in sour cream; cook until heated through. Serve with noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPressure Cooker Ground Beef Stroganoff
"easy dish and my family loved it. Some people will say you do not need to use a pressure cooker, but it is one dish cooking that does not require watching. But then if you don’t want to use a PC, easily cooked on stovetop."
"Delicious!! I had to review this wonderful recipe to offset the ridiculous comments others made. Mushroom soup is all chemicals so I am thankful for a "cleaner" option. Also having it done in one pot we dont have to watch over so quickly is why we use pressure cookers. Thank you for the great recipe!!"
"I do not understand the need to use a pressure cooker for a recipe like this. There is no benefit."
"I prefer stroganoff with mushroom soup."