VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Select saute setting, and adjust for high heat in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Add ground beef, salt and pepper. Cook and stir, crumbling meat, until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Remove meat; drain any liquid from pressure cooker.
- Add butter, mushrooms and onions to pressure cooker; saute until onions are tender and mushrooms have released their liquid and are beginning to brown, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Return meat to cooker.
- Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select saute setting, and adjust for normal heat. In a small bowl, whisk together consomme, flour and tomato paste. Pour over meat mixture; stir to combine. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in sour cream; cook until heated through. Serve with noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pressure Cooker Ground Beef Stroganoff in One Pot Instant Pot Winter 2017