- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups small-curd cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley and garlic; remove from the heat. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheeses, salt and pepper. Layer three noodles in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and half of the meat sauce. Repeat layers.
- Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Or cover and bake 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- To use frozen lasagna: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Bake as directed. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forPotluck Lasagna
"We all loved it!"
"Excellent! Loved that it used only 6 noodles for two layers (fewer carbs!). I added some chopped sauteed onion to the meat mixture and a heaping Tbsp of garlic. Also saved about 1/3 C of mozzarella to put on the very top before baking. Other than that, stuck with this good basic recipe. Keeper!"
"I did add some herbs for added flavor. It was a little dry, but that may be because I doubled the recipe. If I make this recipe again, though, I may add a bit of tomato sauce to the meat mixture."
"Wonderful! I'm just starting out cooking for my boyfriend every night and always looking for something easy and tasty. My boyfriend and roommate (also a boy) loved it! It was so good! I would bring it anywhere."
"Super easy and AWESOME!! I usually put more cheese in it :)"
"I made this for a friend who's boyfriend just broke up with her. Who two favorite things are cheese and meat. Needless to say, he ex was the last thing on her mind after taking a bite of this!"
"yummy and freezes well"
"Delicious! My family loves it!!!"