Pork Chop and Rice Dinner
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 6 boneless pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a skillet, brown pork chops in butter; season with salt and pepper if desired. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings; add rice, onion and garlic. Mix well. Stir in soup, water, cheese, pepper and salt.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; arrange chops over rice mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour; uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until rice is tender and pork juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 507 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 603mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 45g protein.
Oct 13, 2013
Made this tonight. Used Cream of Chicken with Herb soup, put the rice mixture on top of the pork chops and added 1 cup frozen vegetables. I also seasoned my meat as I usually do (salt, pepper, minced garlic) before I browned it. Turned out pretty good. Does not need to cook 15 minutes uncovered. 1 hour covered was plenty
Oct 11, 2011
I love super easy recipes...and this one is. I only cook for 3 now so this recipe was wonderful with 3 pork chops and I used cream of chicken....Yum!
Mar 30, 2011
Delicious!!!!! But the next time I cooked it I doubled the rice, added a little more water, and I put the chops in the dish and poured rice mixture over chops. Family loves it!
Mar 7, 2011
Delicious!! But needed more rice.
Nov 9, 2010
Other than the fact that it was easy to prepare, we didn't care for this dinner at all. The pork chops were dry. (Maybe they could have been put under the rice?) The rice was done nicely, but smell from the broccoli soup was unpleasant (and we like broccoli.) By the way, I followed the recipe exactly as written.