Basil comes through in the great savory flavor of creamy fettuccine sauce. Chicken can be substituted for pork in this colorful dish from Suzanne Carman of Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
Recommended: 33 Family Dinners for Under $10
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each), cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sugar snap stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pork in butter and oil until meat juices run clear. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk; stir in the vegetable blend, cheese, salt and lemon-pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain fettuccine; toss with pork mixture and basil. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork and Fettuccine Alfredo in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p59