- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 package (11-1/4 ounces) frozen garlic Texas toast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine first nine ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 6-8 hours .
For croutons, cut Texas toast into cubes; bake according to package directions. Add spinach to soup; heat through, stirring occasionally. Top servings with cheese and warm croutons.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Prepare croutons as directed. Top soup with cheese and croutons. Yield: 10 servings (about 4 quarts).
Reviews forPizza Soup with Garlic Toast Croutons
"easy and delicious!"
"Very flavorful and easy. We really loved the garlic toast croutons!"