- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- Chopped fresh basil or arugula, optional
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Add pizza sauce, soup and cheese; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Add rigatoni and pepperoni to beef mixture. Heat through, stirring to combine. If desired, top with basil before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPizza in a Bowl
"PDRohloff I think Sharon meant that the rigatoni made the meal too heavy as some others commented on this.I do agree if you don’t want to make it because of too many calories or too much sodium fine don’t make it but don’t screw with the reviews.We liked this recipe and sometimes we want a filling comfort food.we don’t like mushroom soup so I substituted cream of celery."
"This was a quick and delicious one pot meal. I even had the kids help with the weighting of ingredients and their dad was the taste tester. Thanks for an A recipe"
"This was a great pasta dish!"
"What are the directions for the slow cooker?"
"Sharon... The rigatoni was too heavy? Perhaps you chose too large of a box? You probably shouldn't be cooking if picking up a box of pasta is too heavy. How will you drain the water after you boiled the pasta? Oh wait, that's right! You ARE NOT cooking! You are just screwing with reviews by making assumptions and not actually giving the cook who took the time to post a recipe the common decency of trying their recipe. Shame on you. We all see recipes that we won't be trying, no need to be so negative if they don't appeal to you!"
"Not even going to bother. The riganoti noodles are way too heavy"
"This is a wonderful pasta dish full of flavor. It tastes even better the next day."
"Yuck! and it does not look, smell, or taste like pizza."
"This was not too bad, though didn't taste enough like pizza to me. Could be because I used Chef Boyardee brand pizza sauce, and it ended up tasting too much like Chef Boyardee pasta from a can. I also had to substitute cream of chicken soup for the cream of mushroom because my family doesn't care for it. Don't know if that affected the taste too much or not. Overall though, it was very quick and easy to make, and I did like it. I just might try a different brand of pizza sauce next time."