Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine cornflake crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and pineapple until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat ice cream and pudding mix on low speed 2 minutes or until blended and thickened. Spoon over crust. Top with pineapple mixture. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 173 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 31, 2011
This is super easy, quick and tastes great. Will definitely make again.
Apr 9, 2009
this is so yummy! took it to apotluck whereit was a hit !havemade a couple of times !
Sep 29, 2008
This recipe was very good..Rich, with a bit of a tang..I used Curves for the crust..(Honey coated corn flakes). Very good and easy to make.
Sep 8, 2008
This is one of the easiest and most delightful desserts i have tasted lately. you can whip it up in no time. Everyone requests this recipe after they have tried it. thanks Betty W. and taste of home!!!! Elisa Carlin