Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine cornflake crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and pineapple until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat ice cream and pudding mix on low speed 2 minutes or until blended and thickened. Spoon over crust. Top with pineapple mixture. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 173 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 31, 2011
This is super easy, quick and tastes great. Will definitely make again.
Apr 9, 2009
this is so yummy! took it to apotluck whereit was a hit !havemade a couple of times !
Sep 29, 2008
This recipe was very good..Rich, with a bit of a tang..I used Curves for the crust..(Honey coated corn flakes). Very good and easy to make.
Sep 8, 2008
This is one of the easiest and most delightful desserts i have tasted lately. you can whip it up in no time. Everyone requests this recipe after they have tried it. thanks Betty W. and taste of home!!!! Elisa Carlin
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.