Coconut Cashew Crunch
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 9 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) salted cashew pieces
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, coconut and cashews.
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to two foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Serve as is or use as a toppping for ice cream, fruit or yogurt. Store in airtight containers.
Dec 4, 2016
This is deliciously addictive. I highly recommend.
Jul 14, 2016
This is fantastic, especially served over plain yogurt!
Aug 3, 2015
I have made this fabulous Rice Krispie bar imitation many times for snacking and/or topping for ice cream. Everytime I get requests for the recipe. gail boczyk, field editor
Dec 30, 2012
Great for gifting at Christmas! Very easy to make and delicious!