Coconut Cashew Crunch
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 9 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) salted cashew pieces
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, coconut and cashews.
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to two foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Serve as is or use as a toppping for ice cream, fruit or yogurt. Store in airtight containers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 4, 2016
This is deliciously addictive. I highly recommend.
Jul 14, 2016
This is fantastic, especially served over plain yogurt!
Aug 3, 2015
I have made this fabulous Rice Krispie bar imitation many times for snacking and/or topping for ice cream. Everytime I get requests for the recipe. gail boczyk, field editor
Dec 30, 2012
Great for gifting at Christmas! Very easy to make and delicious!