Coconut Crunch Delight
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2-2/3 cups cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; press lightly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes to form coarse crumbs. Cool.
- Divide crumb mixture in half; press half into the same baking pan. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Fold in whipped topping; spoon over the crust. Top with remaining crumb mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with fresh strawberries if desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 1, 2015
I made this for a BBQ I hosted last night and it was fantastic! I was looking for a cool and creamy dessert for a hot day, and this was perfect. Everyone enjoyed this! This recipe is perfectly titled, too. The crunch and coconut factors are just right!!
May 20, 2012
We love this. I have made it for years.
May 3, 2011
This was very good. If I make it again I would cut the pudding and whip cream amounts in half and use a 8 x 8 pan for more coconut crunch.
Feb 21, 2011
Have made it many times and it is a real winner. Very, very easy and many recipe requests.
Feb 13, 2011
I made this for my pinochle group and they loved it. I did it a little differently and it turned out great. I put some coconut crunch in a goblet, added the pudding mixture and topped it with more of the coconut crunch. Theywere very pretty and made a great dessert. I've given out the recipe whenever I serve it to anyone.
Feb 12, 2011
Love this!! Made it when it was first printed & always get requests for the recipe when I make it!
Jun 13, 2010
I always come home with an empty plate!
Nov 19, 2009
Wonderful is the only way to describe this dessert!
Apr 9, 2009
I can't rave enough about coconut cruch. You cannot go wrong with this recipe. I got it from a Taste of Home magazine years ago, and have used it many times since then. I always get requests for this recipe, and it's one of my favorites, since it's quick and easy to make. It tastes like a creamy, coconutty butter cookie. Super YUM!