Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1-3/4 cups chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Cashew halves, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add alternately with sour cream to creamed mixture. Stir in cashews. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. For frosting, lightly brown butter in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Add cream and vanilla. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth and thick. Frost cookies; top each with a cashew half if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 100 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 16, 2019
These cashew cookies are delicious! I made them at Christmas time, and they were loved by all!
Jan 6, 2012
This is a new family favorite at Christmas time. I make a double batch and they are still gone in a flash. The only change I have made is to add 1/2 tsp maple flavoring to the frosting.
Aug 17, 2009
These are so good! Especially with the brown butter frosting! Yum!