Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1-3/4 cups chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Cashew halves, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add alternately with sour cream to creamed mixture. Stir in cashews. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. For frosting, lightly brown butter in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Add cream and vanilla. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth and thick. Frost cookies; top each with a cashew half if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 100 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 6, 2012
This is a new family favorite at Christmas time. I make a double batch and they are still gone in a flash. The only change I have made is to add 1/2 tsp maple flavoring to the frosting.
Aug 17, 2009
These are so good! Especially with the brown butter frosting! Yum!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.