Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits with juice
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt; add pineapple and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Add the beets, butter and lemon juice; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 124 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 16, 2017
I improvised with crushed pineapple instead. I would have liked to rinse and chop the beets too. But as far as the basic recipe...2 thumbs up. ?
Jun 25, 2017
The combination of beets and pineapple is pleasant surprise!!
Dec 3, 2012
If you like beets this is a good recipe, but it is still beets.
Aug 8, 2012
Excellent recipe!!!Delish and so easy to make. Definite keeper !
Dec 5, 2009
I love beets and this is a great addition using pineapple. I served it Thanksgiving and everyone raved about it. The only change I will make is to double the recipe next time.
Sep 14, 2009
Made a variation of this for dinner tonight to accompany grilled pork tenderloin and baked potatoes. I had the pineapples in the fridge w/o a lot of juice so I added some juice from mandarine oranges and a little orange juice. It was a sweet tangy side to complete a delicious meal. EnjoyJoyce
Dec 22, 2007
I made this for dinner last night and it was a great success. I substituted one Tablespoon of Splenda Brown Sugar for the 2 Tablespoons brown sugar and it cam out beautiful.