Pepper Parmesan Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 large sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers, onion and garlic in oil until the vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes. Add the beans, basil and salt; toss to coat. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 7-8 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Stir in cheese; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 107 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 28, 2018
Nice change from the usual boring green beans. I actually forgot to put in the parmesan cheese, so I’m sure it will be even more delicious next time I make it and remember :)
Aug 10, 2017
This is my favorite green bean recipe. Have made it many times and people love it.
Aug 21, 2016
I made this recipe as directed. Very tasty. Will make again.