Pepper Parmesan Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 large sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers, onion and garlic in oil until the vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes. Add the beans, basil and salt; toss to coat. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 7-8 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Stir in cheese; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 107 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 21, 2019
Every time I serve these everyone wants the recipe. The fresh ingredients make all the difference. I love them and I'm not a huge fan of many vegetables.
Feb 28, 2018
Nice change from the usual boring green beans. I actually forgot to put in the parmesan cheese, so I’m sure it will be even more delicious next time I make it and remember :)
Aug 10, 2017
This is my favorite green bean recipe. Have made it many times and people love it.
Aug 21, 2016
I made this recipe as directed. Very tasty. Will make again.