Pearl Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked acini di pepe pasta
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1 jar (14 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions, adding corn during the last 2 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, pesto, cheese, oil, salt and pepper. Add pasta and corn; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 299 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Jun 19, 2014
I thought it was good. I had never used this type of pasta before so I was intrigued to try it. The pesto I used had plenty of olive oil so I didn't use the 1/4 cup and I added a bit more salt than the recipe calls for.
Mar 16, 2012
I've made the recipe many times for potlucks and it's always a hit. I've made it with both the Acini de Pepe and with Orzo. I also add a bit of Italian Seasoning to liven up the flavors.
Sep 20, 2010
I liked this salad but my family thought it was just OK. One didn't care for the corn, but I think the others were just not used to the acini de pepe pasta texture and size.I'd recommend making this at least a day ahead of time to let the flavors blend together. It was much better the second day.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.