Peach Waffle Syrup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 cups
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed and chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large saucepan, combine the peaches, water, confectioners' sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually add to the peach mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 54 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 26, 2016
I've tried other syrup recipes and thus is by far my favorite and it is extremely easy to make. It's got great flavor and if you don't want it really thick, just cut back on the cornstarch mixture. Defintely a keeper.
Jul 27, 2011
This was a delicious topping for pancakes and waffles when fruit is in season, although I did reduce the sugar. I used fresh local peaches and they were so sweet they didn't need all the sugar, I used about 1/4 cup.I make fruit syrups with 4 cups fruit, 4 cups sugar, 3 tbls lemon juice, 1/2 package of SureJell, bring to a boil, boil to minutes and can it. If it thickens, just shake the jar or stir before using. You can use any fruit you like and add spices as you wish. Almond extract is good with cherry, cinnamon and nutmeg with apple, etc. If I were going to can this recipe I'd leave out the cornstarch, which breaks down during canning and isn't advised, and thicken when I was ready to use it.
Jun 11, 2009
If not able to can, perhaps freeze? I'm going to try it!Greatmum
Jul 24, 2008
Do you know if this can be canned? The same as would would jelly, etc
Jul 24, 2008
This was a great recipe! Perfect for the fresh summer peaches I got at the farmers market. I used about 1 cup of sugar to add a little extra sweetness.