Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), broken into pieces
- 16 whole cloves
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place the first five ingredients on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water, honey, nutmeg and spice bag; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes or until syrup reaches desired consistency.
- Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Discard spice bag; transfer syrup to airtight containers. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 108 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 28g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jun 23, 2017
Jun 23, 2017
This was great!
Dec 1, 2014
I made this and gave it as a gift for my son's and they loved it and asked for the recipe. It's a winner.
Nov 28, 2014
This is amazing. Great flavor! Great to make and share for holiday gifts!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.