Inspired by leftover bread dough chunks needing a good use, I used savory ingredients instead of sweet ones and prepared this recipe like a sweet bubble bread that I make. —Lori McLain, Denton, Texas
Recommended: 45 Thanksgiving Appetizers to Feed a Crowd
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed (16 ounces)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and finely crumbled
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons salt-free herb seasoning blend
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Alfredo sauce, optional
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide and shape into 16 rolls. Place butter in a shallow bowl. In a large bowl, combine the next six ingredients. Dip dough pieces in melted butter, then toss with cheese mixture to coat. Stack pieces in a greased 9-in. cast-iron skillet.
- Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve warm and, if desired, with Alfredo sauce. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan-Bacon Bubble Bread in Taste of Home December 2017