Pancetta, Pear & Pecan Puffs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons crumbled crisp pancetta or crumbled cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped peeled ripe pear
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry dough. Using a 1-3/4-in. round cookie cutter, cut dough into 24 circles. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, honey, salt and pepper until well blended. Fold in goat cheese, pancetta, pear and pecans.
- Halve each cooled pastry. Spoon cream cheese mixture over bottom pastry halves; cover with top halves. Serve at room temperature.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 105 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 29, 2017
The filling is delicious however I had problems with the shapes of the puff pastry after cooking. Half of them were not usable as they were all distorted. I will be preparing the second sheet with the hope I will be more successful. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I was testing this recipe to take to a cocktail party next week. I am always looking for prepare ahead and serve at room temperature recipes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.