Pancetta, Pear & Pecan Puffs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons crumbled crisp pancetta or crumbled cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped peeled ripe pear
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry dough. Using a 1-3/4-in. round cookie cutter, cut dough into 24 circles. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, honey, salt and pepper until well blended. Fold in goat cheese, pancetta, pear and pecans.
- Halve each cooled pastry. Spoon cream cheese mixture over bottom pastry halves; cover with top halves. Serve at room temperature.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 105 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 29, 2017
The filling is delicious however I had problems with the shapes of the puff pastry after cooking. Half of them were not usable as they were all distorted. I will be preparing the second sheet with the hope I will be more successful. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I was testing this recipe to take to a cocktail party next week. I am always looking for prepare ahead and serve at room temperature recipes.