Puffed Apple Pastries
For a little extra indulgence, serve these oven-fresh pastries with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream. Cherry pie filling can be substituted for the apple. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Bake puff pastry shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine apple pie filling, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until heated through, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove tops from pastry shells; fill with apple mixture. Replace tops. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without ice cream): 332 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Puffed Apple Pastries in 2003 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.