Puffed Apple Pastries
For a little extra indulgence, serve these oven-fresh pastries with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream. Cherry pie filling can be substituted for the apple. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Bake puff pastry shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine apple pie filling, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until heated through, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove tops from pastry shells; fill with apple mixture. Replace tops. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without ice cream): 332 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Puffed Apple Pastries in 2003 Taste of Home Calendar