When company drops in, Debbie uses the sauce to assemble this cheesy lasagna. Oven-ready noodles, which don't need to be cooked before they're layered in the baking dish, further speed preparation of this easy entree.
Recommended: 70 Incredible 5-Star Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups Big-Batch Beef Sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 6 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, combine beef sauce, tomato paste and basil. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Combine cottage cheese and egg; mix well.
- Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, half of the cottage cheese mixture and a third of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce and mozzarella.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and the cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Originally published as Oven-Ready Lasagna in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p15