You don't need to turn on the oven for this lasagna, so it's perfect for summer. The noodles and sauce are simply layered on a plate...even my husband can make it! This is a satisfying vegetarian entree. -Norma Montgomery, Groveland, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add the spaghetti sauce, tomato, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Add mozzarella cheese to the sauce; cook on low until cheese is melted. Drain noodles; cut into thirds. For each serving, on a plate, layer 2 tablespoons of sauce and two noodle pieces. Repeat layers twice. Top with 2 tablespoons sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 378 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 577mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as No-Bake Lasagna in Reminisce May/June 2003