Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef and sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in marinara and pizza sauces. In a bowl, mix eggs, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, half of the ricotta cheese mixture, 1 cup meat sauce and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove lasagna from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 45 minutes. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 462 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 931mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 29, 2018
I was unable to try the recipe because an ad covered most of the ingredients! Was really looking forward to trying it too. I reported it but assume it won't make a difference. It looks great!
Mar 26, 2018
I made this for the whole family last night for Sunday dinner. It was awesome! Everyone loved it. Adding the pizza sauce to the meat sauce is what made it so good. Outstanding!
Jan 16, 2018
Is this dish freezer-friendly?
Oct 28, 2016
Definitely making this for dinner tonight! Yum!
Sep 29, 2016
Not too different than other lasagna recipes but I really like the addition of the eggs. Also, I have always substituted cottage cheese for Ricotta as I just like the creaminess better.
Sep 29, 2016
"1 carton ricotta cheese"How large a carton would that be?
Sep 27, 2016
So easy and delicious. Alter it any way you like. I made 3x the recipe. Used disposable foil pans and put 2 in the freezer for when something comes up. 5*****
Sep 15, 2016
Another great lasagna recipe to add to our repertoire. Loved letting set overnight for both flavor and ease.
Apr 13, 2013
This is one of the best and easiest lasagna recipes I have found. Rather than the pizza sauce and Marinara sauce I used the same amount of bottled spaghetti sauce. I doctor my sauce up with garlic and italian herbs to my taste. It is so great because you prepare it a day ahead of time. Truly a great dish for company or to take pot luck!
Mar 6, 2012
This is great to make ahead and have ready to bake the next day. It definitely is spicier than others because of the hot Italian sausage; next time I might go with the mild...especially when serving it to my daughter. But when I think of lasagna, this is it!