Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups Daisy small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup water
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In another bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce and beef; mix well.
- Spoon a fourth of the meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles and half of the cheese mixture; repeat layers once. Top with a fourth of the meat sauce, remaining noodles and remaining meat sauce. Pour water around edges. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 307 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Nov 9, 2011
So easy and so yummy!
Oct 14, 2010
Definetely a keeper! I was skeptical about the noodles cooking well, but they did! Next time I'll put a little more sauce on top to keep the upper layer of noodles from drying out, and use more sauce overall. So much faster than traditional lasagna and just as good!