Make-Ahead Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 package (6 ounces) Stove Top chicken stuffing mix
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, corn, broccoli, soup, milk, sour cream, mayonnaise, pepper and mushroom mixture; transfer to a greased 13-in x 9-in. baking dish. Top with stuffing. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until stuffing is lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 501 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 918mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Apr 22, 2011
This recipe IS good, and certainly comfort food, but kind of bland (with all of the condensed soup & sour cream), so I had to add hot sauce to mine. Also didn't see the point in refrigerating overnite (guess so flavors could "marry?) so just baked it that same nite
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.