Orange Tilapia in Parchment
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1/2 cup julienned zucchini
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine first 5 ingredients; set aside. Cut parchment or heavy-duty foil into four 18x12-in. lengths; place a fish fillet on each. Top with carrot and zucchini; drizzle with orange juice mixture.
- Fold parchment over fish. Working from bottom inside corner, fold up about 3/4 in. of the paper and crimp both layers to seal. Repeat, folding edges up and crimping, until a half-moon-shaped packet is formed. Repeat for remaining packets. Place on baking sheets.
- Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, 12-15 minutes. Open packets carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 packet: 158 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 19, 2012
This recipe is too bland for our family. I will use this recipe again because the flavor of the fish is good, but I will also make a side serving of sweet and sour sauce to go with it and serve it with rice.
Dec 21, 2010
Made per recipe = FABULOUS. Wouldn't change a thing.
Aug 29, 2010
Just received recipe. Sounds like a fantastic recipe. Will definitely make this many times if this works out very tasty.
Aug 29, 2010
Just received recipe. Will try it first.
Apr 17, 2010
I loved it just as the recipe is written. Then I tried it again, substituting 1/2 lemon juice/1/2 dry white wine for the orange juice, dill weed for the cayenne pepper, and lemon peel for the orange peel. Also delicious. I can imagine many variations on this basic technique.
Mar 6, 2010
This was very good. I used broccoli in place of the zucchini. My husband said this is a keeper.
Feb 11, 2010
This is a great recipe!
Feb 10, 2010
Delicious & filling. My husband loved the kick the pepper gives it. I was out of oranges so I used grapefruit peel instead.
Jan 23, 2010
Very good. Next time I think I will add a little more cayenne pepper. I might add some small pieces of potato.