Orange Tilapia in Parchment
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1/2 cup julienned zucchini
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine first five ingredients; set aside. Cut parchment paper or heavy-duty foil into four 18x12-in. lengths; place a fish fillet on each. Top with carrot and zucchini; drizzle with orange juice mixture.
- Fold parchment paper over fish. Working from bottom inside corner, fold up about 3/4 in. of the paper and crimp both layers to seal. Repeat, folding edges up and crimping, until a half-moon-shaped packet is formed. Repeat for remaining packets. Place on baking sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open packets carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 158 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat.
May 19, 2012
This recipe is too bland for our family. I will use this recipe again because the flavor of the fish is good, but I will also make a side serving of sweet and sour sauce to go with it and serve it with rice.
Dec 21, 2010
Made per recipe = FABULOUS. Wouldn't change a thing.
Aug 29, 2010
Just received recipe. Sounds like a fantastic recipe. Will definitely make this many times if this works out very tasty.
Aug 29, 2010
Just received recipe. Will try it first.
Apr 17, 2010
I loved it just as the recipe is written. Then I tried it again, substituting 1/2 lemon juice/1/2 dry white wine for the orange juice, dill weed for the cayenne pepper, and lemon peel for the orange peel. Also delicious. I can imagine many variations on this basic technique.
Mar 6, 2010
This was very good. I used broccoli in place of the zucchini. My husband said this is a keeper.
Feb 11, 2010
This is a great recipe!
Feb 10, 2010
Delicious & filling. My husband loved the kick the pepper gives it. I was out of oranges so I used grapefruit peel instead.
Jan 23, 2010
Very good. Next time I think I will add a little more cayenne pepper. I might add some small pieces of potato.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.