- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, ginger, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the egg, sour cream and orange peel; add to crumb mixture and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Divide dough in half. Pat each portion into a 7-in. circle; cut each into six wedges. Separate wedges and place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forOrange Ginger Scones
"Love to make scones! I serve them often for some of the catering events I do for women. The ginger and orange are such a bright taste in these scones. I like to make Devonshire cream to serve with the scones."
"Even my granddaughter,who usually doesn't like scones, really enjoyed these."