Open-Faced Breakfast Banh Mi
I love banh mi sandwiches because of the delicious pickled veggies. I also love naan, so I combined the two for a fun morning dish! We make these breakfast banh mi on the weekend. —Lori McLain, Denton, Texas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + standing Cook: 15 min.
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup julienned carrot
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 4 naan flatbreads, warmed
- 1/4 cup zesty bell pepper relish
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large bowl combine the first 5 ingredients; whisk until sugar is dissolved. Add radishes, carrot and red pepper; let stand until serving. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook and stir sausage over medium-high heat until browned, 6-8 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Reduce heat to low. In the same pan, cook eggs until whites are set and yolks begin to thicken, turning once if desired. Keep warm.
- Drain vegetable mixture. Spread naan with relish. Top with sausage, eggs, pickled vegetables, cucumber, red onion and cilantro.
Editor's Note This recipe was tested with Mezzetta brand bell pepper relish.
Nutrition Facts1 open-faced sandwich: 459 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 229mg cholesterol, 1370mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.