Onion-Apple Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Sprinkle chops with garlic salt and lemon pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute apple and onion in drippings until tender. Stir in broth and syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Return chops to pan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/2 cup apple mixture: 291 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Aug 11, 2016
The entire family lived these. Tender and juicy! The apples gave it a nice flavor. I didn't know how it would taste with the onions, but it worked out great.
Jan 17, 2013
It was good but it did lack flavor. Not sure how I would flavor it up - but I would love to make it again. Pork chops were very tender!
Feb 5, 2012
Great new recipe to add to my favorites.
Feb 4, 2012
It was good but lacked a little flavor, yes I would fix it again with a few alterations.
Feb 4, 2012
This is sooo delish! One bite and my husband was hooked! Very easy and quick too!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.