Omelet Waffles with Sausage Cheese Sauce
Waffles are fun to make, so I decided to make this waffle omelette recipe! They are stuffed with browned sausage, onions and peppers and topped with a chunky cheesy sauce. They are the perfect choice when you want to have breakfast for dinner. —Ronna Farley, Rockville, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Preheat waffle maker. In a large skillet, cook sausage, mushrooms, onion and red pepper over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, whisk flour, 1-3/4 cups cream and 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Stir in cheese and 1 cup sausage mixture until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, remaining 1/4 cup cream and 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt until blended. Bake in a well-greased waffle maker until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Serve with sausage mixture and cheese sauce; sprinkle with parsley.