Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Gradually stir in milk; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir a small amount into eggs; return to pan and mix well. cook and stir over medium heat for 2-4 minutes. Remove from the heat; add butter, vanilla, bananas and peanuts. Pour into dishes. Chill.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 341 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Apr 14, 2013
I used this recipe and poured into a Graham cracker crust for a banana cream pie. Excellent and easy. Has the potential for so many variations..
Apr 29, 2011
FABULOUS pudding, and so incredibly easy. The peanuts are good, but it tastes even better if you layer the pudding with bananas and crumbled oatmeal cookies. Yum!
Jul 4, 2010
Great Pudding! I used half brown sugar, and 1/2 white (Did not realize my pantry was so low... The only sugars I have in my pantry are sugar/splenda mix, so I only used 1/2 of what the recipe asked for. Also, I used non-fat milk and Omega-3 eggs - to give you all some healthier ideas. Anyway, it turned out wonderful! Enjoy!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.