Old-Fashioned Apple Crisp
My whole family loves this recipe—fortunately for me, it's a breeze to prepare!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 6 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water
- Place apples in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and remaining sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbs form. Drizzle water over apples; sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake at 350° for 60 minutes or until apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 318 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Apple Crisp in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.