Oaxaca Twist Butter
This Mexican-inspired compound butter elevates fresh-baked bread, croissants or muffins to new heights. The combination of raspberries with dark chocolate, toasted pecans and just a touch of hot chili makes your tastebuds dance every time. —Nicole Filizetti, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup finely grated dark chocolate candy bar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/3 cup ground pecans, toasted
- Crush raspberries and drain; combine berries with butter, grated chocolate and ancho chili, mixing well. Place butter in a small serving bowl; sprinkle with nuts. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate 5 hours or overnight.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 tablespoon: 80 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Oaxaca Twist Butter in Taste of Home Feb/Mar 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.